Our mission as a project-based K-8 school is to provide a progressive, innovative curriculum that prepares students for a successful future. We are committed to interdisciplinary instruction with equal emphasis on teaching to the whole child academically, socially, and emotionally. Our students will learn and perpetuate the cultural traditions and values of Hawai`i while acquiring and demonstrating 21st Century Skills that are needed to lead productive lives and contribute meaningfully to society.
Alaka`i O Kaua`i Charter School will provide a comprehensive education through project-based learning that meets the individual needs and potential of every student.
- We believe that all children can be successful learners.
- We believe in the development of the whole child (academic, social, emotional).
- We believe children learn best when engaged in instruction.
- We believe that language and cultural diversity can be assets for teaching and learning.
- We believe that learning is more relevant to children when it engages them in projects that help solve problems important to them and their community.